Monday, August 02, 2010

For the first time on this trip I am actually feeling legitimately sad to be leaving a place. I was momentarily sad to be leaving Istanbul but Croatia has an extra special place in my heart. Maybe its the reality of returning home to work looming just around the corner but I dont think so because I have a new job and new people to meet that I am excited about and looking forward to. I must just like Croatia THAT much. I guess that means Jij and I will have to return sometime :) We are off to spend our last Croatian night in Zagreb. I hear from a friend of mine that Zagreb is for zombies...I dont know what that means but I suppose Im about to find out! We are staying in the first 5 star hotel of our trip. The Regent Esplanade. We will be strolling in there toting (more like pulling) our recently acquired rolly suitcases. I have a rolly suitcase of sorts from every long trip abroad Ive ever been on. Maybe next time Ill just start the trip with the rolly suitcase in hopes of lessening my growing suitcase collection! We also just booked rental cars for both Slovenia AND Italy! As you can see we have clearly morphed into poshies :) On that note, I should probably go and buy something other than the 1 black dress that I have worn the ENTIRE trip so I can better fill my role as a poshie...after, of course, I have my latte. Ciao

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You and Jij can never have enough rolly suitcases to put all your stuff in!! Who knew that Croatia would be one of your favorite places? Enjoy the hotel, poshies. Where did we go wrong-we raised you to "camp"(roughing it smoothly), not stay in 5* hotels!!